Outpatient Rehab Center
The Northwest Medical Outpatient Rehab Center is one of the finest newly renovated facilities in the Northwest Broward area. We tailor treatments to meet the individual needs of our clients and to help them achieve their goals in the shortest time possible.
Located in the Northwest Medical Arts building adjacent to Northwest Medical Center, this 5000 square foot facility houses state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment and an 8' x 16' heated therapeutic pool. Easily accessible, the Center is located on the first floor of the medical office building. In addition to aquatic therapy, the Center offers a full range of physical, occupational, and speech services.
Once referred by a physician, our therapists will personally meet with you to discuss a customized, effective program of rehabilitation. To ensure a well-balanced treatment approach, the Outpatient Rehab Center has the ability to combine therapy services. The staff and administration at our facility pride themselves on working together, as a team, in order to promote quality, patient-driven care.
Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy
- Sports medicine
- Pain management
- General orthopedic injuries and joint replacement
- Stroke and neurological rehab
- Osteoporosis / osteoarthritis programs
- Aquatic therapy
- Balance disorders
- Parkinson's disease
- Wound and burn care
- Prosthetic and orthotics training
- Urinary incontinence (male & female)
- Ergonomic assessments
- Back to work programs
- Back to golf program
- Pediatric care (including the early intervention program)
- Hand therapy / custom fabricated splints
- Adaptive training in adl
- Lymphedema (pre /post mastectomy care)
- Therapeutic massage
Specialty Aquatic Classes Offered: Come join the fun and exercise to improve how you feel. Each class is tailored to specifically benefit those with the conditions listed below. Classes run for 30 minutes. Classes are ongoing so please call at anytime to join...954-978-4180.
Arthritis - offered Monday's, Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Thursday's at 11:00 a.m.
Northwest Medical Center, Outpatient Rehab Department
5901 Colonial Drive, Suite 101, Margate, FL 33063
Call for Info: 954-978-4180
- Stroke rehab - aphasia, dysarthria and apraxia
- Swallowing treatment (dysphasia) for adults and children
- Cognitive training
- Voice & articulation disorders
- Video fluoroscopy evaluations for adults and children
- Language acquisitions and learning disorders
- Traumatic head injuries
- Fluency disorders (stuttering) for children and adults
- Pediatric care (early intervention program)
Special Communication Program
The Program educates the caregiver/ family member regarding:
- Safe feeding techniques
- Adaptive equipment
- Communication techniques
- Support groups/community resources
Discover the benefits of massage:
- Massage helps balance the effects of stress in our lives and avoid stress related disease and dysfunction
- Triggers the "Relaxation Response"
- Relaxes tense muscles
- Reduces anxiety level
- Releases blocked energy flow
- Improves immune system functioning
- Restores a calm mind and feeling of well-being
If you associate yourself with one or more of the following symptoms, regular massage may be just the right answer to relieve the symptom, relax and calm you:
- Tightness, pain or stiffness in the muscles of the back, neck & shoulders
- Back aches
- Headaches or migraines
- Tightness of the abdomen or an upset stomach
- A tensing muscle in the jaw
- Frequent, tearful outbursts
Use Massage as a preventative measure...call for an appointment.
If you have any questions regarding any of these programs, please feel free to contact our Rehab Department at
Phone (954) 978-4180
Fax (954) 984-1463
Before your visit, please download and complete the Rehabilitation patient forms to bring to your appointment.