The Powerful Performer at Northwest….
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a condition that may require surgery, you owe it to yourself to learn about all of your medical options, including the most effective, least invasive surgical treatments available.
The da Vinci® Surgical System provides surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting a surgeon's hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform.
The da Vinci Surgical System enables surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
For the patient, benefits may include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities
Robotic Surgery Procedures
da Vinci Hysterectomy
Traditional open gynecologic surgery, using a large incision for access to the uterus and surrounding anatomy, has for many years been the standard approach to many gynecologic procedures. Yet with open surgery can come significant pain, trauma, a long recovery process and threat to surrounding organs and nerves.
For complex hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures, robot-assisted surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may be the most effective, least invasive treatment option. Through tiny, 1-2 cm incisions, surgeons using the da Vinci System can operate with greater precision and control, minimizing the pain and risk associated with large incisions while increasing the likelihood of a fast recovery and excellent clinical outcomes.
da Vinci Prostatectomy
Facing any kind of urologic surgery creates a great deal of anxiety for most men. Among your concerns is: “Will my body function normally following surgery?” Traditional open urologic surgery – in which large incisions are made to access the pelvic organs – has been the standard approach when surgery is warranted. Yet common drawbacks of this procedure include significant post-surgical pain, a lengthy recovery and an unpredictable, potentially long-term impact on continence and sexual function.
da Vinci Surgery, a minimally invasive approach that utilizes the latest in surgical and robotics technologies, is ideal for delicate urologic surgery. This includes prostatectomy, in which the target site is not only tightly confined but also surrounded by nerves affecting urinary control and sexual function.
da Vinci Sleeve Gastrectomy
Sleeve gastrectomies is the surgical removal of a portion of the stomach. Doctors generally perform a sleeve gastrectomy, a surgical weight-loss procedure in which the stomach is reduced to about one-quarter of its original size, on extremely obese patients where the risk of performing a gastric bypass or other weight-loss procedures would be too high. The procedure, which is not reversible, permanently reduces the size of the stomach. Northwest Medical Center is currently the only hospital in Broward and Palm Beach counties to offer this procedure using the da Vinci Surgical System.
Other procedures performed:
Read more about Robotic Surgery at Northwest Medical Center:Expand All Collapse All
Meet The Power Performers
- Zoyla Almeida, M.D. - Gynecological Oncologist
- Anthony Chidiac, M.D. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Carlos Jurado, M.D. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Martin Michalewski, M.D. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Marsh McEachrane, M.D. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Boniface Ndubisi, M.D. - Gynecological Oncologist
- Tim Puckett, M.D. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Ivonne Reynolds, D.O. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Tali Rombro, M.D. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Azeem Sachedina, M.D. - Urologist
- Amir Shariati, M.D. - Urogynecology
- Brooke Slaton, M.D. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Fern Taisenchoy-Bent, M.D. - Obstetrician / Gynecologist
- Mini Varghese, M.D. - Urologist
- Vanessa Weitzman - Gynecologist/Infertility Specialistf
- Paul Wizman, M.D. - General Surgeon
- Michael Zahalsky, M.D. - Urology
To learn more, visit thefutureofsurgery.com. For a free physician referral, please call 1-866-4HCA-DOCS (442-2362).