The art and science of radiography has made great strides since Roentgen first discovered X-rays in 1895. Today's sophisticated imaging technology produces images utilizing various sophisticated computer aided technologies that allow physicians to diagnose and treat diseases more quickly and less invasively than ever before.
Northwest Medical Center department of Diagnostic Imaging is staffed by Board Certified Radiologists, trained to perform and interpret diagnostic/interventional procedures. The technical imaging staff consists of aides, receptionists, transcriptionists, and registered/licensed technologists working together to provide quality imaging care for all types of procedures: routine Diagnostic x-rays, CT Scans including spiral, Nuclear Medicine including SPECT, Ultrasound including cardiac, Digital mammography, and many Interventional/Endovascular procedures.
Among the many services offered at the Diagnostic Imaging Department:
- Mammography: Mammographies are performed by dedicated Florida Licensed and Registered technologists. We are fully accredited by the American College of Radiology and the Federal Drug Administration. We are happy to announce that we are now using digital mammography for enhanced image quality.
- Nuclear Medicine: At Northwest, we have a long tradition of excellence in nuclear medicine imaging. This is continued with the installation of the ADAC Vertex Imaging System. This has allowed for the upgrading of pre-existing services as well as the addition of several new services.
- Interventional/Endovascular Minimally Invasive Procedures: Interventional Radiology is a medical specialty that has been called the “Surgery of the 21st Century”. Northwest Medical Center offers a full range of Interventional/Endovascular services including Biliary and Urologic interventions, vascular access, dialysis graft maintenance, Vertebroplasty and gynecological interventions such as uterine artery (fibroid) embolization and fallopian tube recanalization.
- Computerized Axial Tomography (CAT scan): State of the art CT imaging can only be performed with high speed helical CAT scanners. We utilize these powerful machines so examinations can be tailored to each patient’s specific individual needs allowing quicker more accurate diagnosis.
- 64 Slice CT Scan: The 64 Slice CT Scanner puts Northwest Medical Center, one of the very few facilities inBroward County, on the cutting edge of technology in Cardiac Imaging. The scanner has the ability to provide a comprehensive view of the heart and coronary arteries within seconds without motion artifacts. This can eliminate the need for more invasive cardiac catheterization.
- PET/CT: This remarkable advanced imaging technology allows physicians to make more accurate, earlier diagnoses and develop targeted treatment plans for cancer.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): MRI is one of the safest, most comfortable ways to obtain clear, detailed pictures of the inside of the human body without the use of x-rays, surgery or biopsy. MRI scans are painless for the patient and offer such accurate images that physicians can often obtain as much information from the MRI as if they were looking directly at the tissue.
- Ultrasound: Ultrasound is the use of high frequency sound waves to create images from within the body. Images of internal organs and structures are obtained by using these sound waves. Ultrasound is also used in obstetrics where the unborn fetus can be observed.
DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING DEPARTMENT
PHONE (954) 978-4186
FAX (954) 978-4217