The pain management at Northwest Medical Services is one of the leading facilities for pain management medicine in South Florida. The center is respected for its comprehensive, interdisciplinary approach to the management of pain. This approach is most effective because chronic and acute pain often require a combination of treatment. We are dedicated to optimizing the quality of life for our patients.
Northwest Medical Center’s Pain Management Center was established due to the enormous need for a specialized provider of medical services to individuals who suffer with pain conditions. Our center provides a comprehensive evaluation of each patient and offers innovative therapies to individuals suffering from chronic pain which includes but is not limited to: severe back pain, neck pain, neuropathy, shingles, reflex sympathetic dystrophy, and extremity pain. Patients are seen on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
The Pain Management Center staff will approach your case individually and objectively. This means the true causes of your pain will be identified and a treatment program will be tailored especially for you. The treatment is geared toward restoring your lifestyle that has been devastated by pain. This includes increasing your functional capabilities in addition to reducing your overall pain severity.
Your care will be directed by a medical physician, board certified in pain management and anesthesiology. Registered nurses experienced in pain management will assist in facilitating your care. The use of other specialties such as neurology, orthopedics, neurosurgery and psychiatry may be incorporated into your care based upon your clinical presentation.
The entire staff works as a team to care for you and is specifically trained and dedicated to treating individuals who suffer from pain. Our staff consists of multidisciplinary specialists with reputations for high quality pain diagnosis, research and management. This dedicated team ensures you will receive the highest quality pain care services available, working in conjunction with your personal physician.
The first step in your care at our Pain Management Center is the physician’s evaluation of your pain condition. In order to determine the true causes of your pain, this evaluation is very thorough.
Guide to Pain Management
Pain management is an integral part of medical treatment. Effective pain relief impacts your recovery - not just your comfort. We want you to be an active participant in your health care. To do that, you need to understand you options. Please take a moment to read more.
Next, a program of treatment is established. The treatment is aimed at relieving your pain, as well as increasing your ability to work and carry out a normal lifestyle. Our Pain Management Center uses a variety of methods to accomplish these goals, including the following:
- Physical Therapy: Exercise programs to relieve pain and increase physical strength and endurance
- Nerve Blocks: Injections to stop the nerve impulses that cause you to feel pain
- Surgery: Corrective procedure to eliminate or improve the physical condition causing pain
- Medications: Non-narcotics, used to relieve pain during the healing period or on a long-term basis
- Access to the Pain Care Center: Your pain condition should first be brought to the attention of your family physician. Your physician can then determine if you should be referred to our Pain Management Center.
Chronic Back Pain Procedures
Surgery isn’t for everyone. That’s why we focus on bringing non-surgical pain relief options within reach of those suffering from chronic pain.
COOLIEF may provide all these benefits along with being a non-surgical and outpatient procedure.
COOLIEF Cooled Radiofrequency is a minimally invasive treatment option targeting nerves that are causing pain. Studies have been shown to provide chronic back pain patients with up to 24 months of pain relief, improved physical function, and reduced drug utilization.
COOLIEF Cooled RF is a non-invasive, outpatient treatment option for those suffering from chronic back pain.
This advanced procedure uses cooled radiofrequency energy to safely target the sensory nerves causing pain. RF energy heats and cools the tissue at the site of pain. COOLIEF circulates water through the device while heating nervous tissue to create a treatment area that is larger than conventional RF treatments. This combination targets the pain-causing nerves without excessive heating, leading to pain relief.Click Here to learn more about COOLIEF or call Consult-a-Nurse for more information at (954) 601-8094.
For Your First Visit, Please Bring:
- Any x-rays, MRI, CT or myelogram reports relating to your pain condition. Your referring physician’s office should be able to assist you in obtaining these records
- A list of all medications you are currently taking, including the names, dosages (number of pills taken per day), milligrams and number of days or months the medication has been taken
- A list of medications you have taken in the past and the effectiveness of this medicine. If you have doubts concerning any of your medications, please bring the medication with you.
If you are not currently under the care of a physician, you may contact the center directly at (954) 978-4477.
Most insurance plans including Medicare and Workers Compensation are accepted.