Northwest Medical Center is a Leader in Robotic Surgery
Northwest Medical Center proudly offers the da Vinci Xi® and da Vinci Si robotic surgical system. Northwest is one of TWO hospitals in Broward County to have two robots on site. Robotically assisted technology allows our surgeons to operate using the tiniest incisions -- with greater vision, precision and control.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Our surgeons and specialists have the in-depth experience and expertise in the latest treatments and techniques to better help you.
This includes minimally invasive surgery, which means reduced recovery times and minimal scarring.
Talk to your physician if you notice:
- A bulge or swelling near the abdomen or groin
- A burning, gurgling or aching sensation at the bulge
- Pain or discomfort in your groin, particularly when bending over, laughing, coughing or lifting
- A heavy or dragging sensation in your groin
- Weakness or pressure in your groin
- Occasionally, pain and swelling around the testicles when the protruding intestine descends into the scrotum
There is no reward for enduring pain and discomfort, and wishing won't make them go away. We can help get you back to where you want to be. Call us today.
What this means for you:
- Less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
BEST OF ALL? It means a faster return to everyday living.
Together with our expert surgeons, the da Vinci(R) surgical system is sheer genius at work.
How does it work and what makes it different?
The surgeon operates the da Vinci Surgical System(R) sitting a few feet away from the patient at a console. It is configured to equip your surgeon with:
- Super 3-D visualization: provides a three-dimensional view with magnification ten times that of the naked eye
- Enhanced dexterity: to conduct precise movements with extraordinary control and range of motion
- Precision control: the surgeon makes key-hole sized incisions to work on specific areas instead of a large incision that causes more scarring.
At Northwest Medical Center, we're not just about future-ready treatments, but also about ensuring that you're always in a powerful state of mind.
Experience the brilliance of the da Vinci(R) Surgical System at Northwest Medical Center.
Today, complex conditions ranging from cancer to uterine prolapse, fibroids, and prostate procedures can be treated minimally invasively with da Vincitm Surgery. This approach uses a robotic surgical system that provides your surgeon better vision, more precision and control. It requires only a few small incisions, so you can get back to your life faster--without the usual recovery following major surgery. Such as:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain
- Less risk of infection
- Less blood loss & transfusions
- Less scarring
- Faster recovery
- Quicker return to normal activities