August 11, 2020
Northwest Medical Center announced today that it is a recipient of the Healthgrades 2020 Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ and has also placed in the top 5% of all hospitals for gynecologic surgery . This achievement recognizes Northwest Medical Center for providing outstanding quality outcomes in gynecologic surgery, as well as care of women undergoing gynecologic procedures.
“The recipients of the Healthgrades 2020 Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award excel in providing top-quality care when it comes to gynecologic surgery, including hysterectomies and other gynecologic procedures,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “We commend these organizations and continue to encourage consumers to use available information and resources to make more informed healthcare decisions.”
Healthgrades analyzed patient outcomes data for all patients from 16 individual states for years 2016 through 2018. During this time, if all hospitals in the analysis performed similarly to those that received the Healthgrades 2020 Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award, 10,121 patients with complications could have potentially been avoided.*
Additionally, from 2016 through 2018, patients treated in hospitals receiving the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award had, on average, a 47% lower risk of experiencing a complication while in the hospital than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the award.*
Northwest Medical Center has also earned the following accolades for women’s care from Healthgrades in the past:
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 10 Years in a Row (2011-2020)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Gynecologic Surgery for 10 Years in a Row (2011-2020)
- Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery for 10 Years in a Row (2011-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Procedures for 10 Years in a Row (2011-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020)
* Statistics are based on Healthgrades’ analysis of all-payer data for years 2016 through 2018 and represent 3-year estimates for patients in 16 states for which all-payer data was made available.