At Northwest Medical Center, the safety of our patients, colleagues and physicians has always been our top priority. As we resume additional patient care services, we are intensifying our already rigorous protocols and precautions to keep you and your child safe. It is important not to delay vital healthcare procedures your physician has recommended for your child during the virus. Rest assured that you and your family can safely return to our care environments for testing, procedures, surgery and other critical services.
What we’re doing to make sure our pediatric patients are safe:
- Testing pre-operatively for COVID-19 by order from the pediatric surgeons (appointment will be scheduled in advance).
- Screening for all patients, visitors and staff before entering facilities.
- Separate areas for COVID-19 positive patients and patients under investigation. Our non-COVID-19 patients, including surgery patients and outpatients, will be grouped separately. Additionally, our pediatric surgery patients are grouped separately from adult patients. Family members will wait in a designated pediatric surgery waiting area that will adhere to social distancing guidelines. We also have dedicated pediatric anesthesiologists to treat your child.
- All of our caregivers wear masks throughout our facilities, which exceeds Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Heightened infection prevention policies, including the removal of high-touch items such as magazines and toys. Food and drinks are prohibited in clinical units to prevent the spread of illness.
- Limiting visitors continues to be a state requirement. We are currently allowing one adult visitor per pediatric surgery patient.
What we’re doing to keep our patients safe:
All of our cleaning and disinfecting processes follow CDC guidelines.
In operating rooms (ORs):
- All ORs are cleaned and disinfected after every surgery.
- In addition to cleaning and disinfecting our ORs after every surgery, every OR has a terminal clean/high touch cleaning every night on all surfaces. This process:
- Cleans and disinfects every item in the room to include disassembling items that can be detached.
- Cleans and disinfects light fixtures, air vents and all surfaces from the ceiling to the floor.
- Air in the ORs is exchanged frequently as designed to recirculate fresh air.
In public areas (including restrooms and waiting rooms):
- Environmental cleaning is done multiple times every day on all surfaces and in every area.
- No food and drinks will be allowed in the clinical areas.
- No toys and magazines will be allowed in the waiting areas.
- High-touch items, such as coffee makers and water machines, will be removed or deactivated.
In patient rooms:
- All patient rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient.
- During a patient’s stay, our highly trained environmental services staff perform daily cleaning and sanitizing of each patient’s room and bathroom utilizing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and following infection prevention guidelines.
We remain committed to protecting the health and safety of the patients we so proudly serve. Thank you for trusting Northwest Medical Center with your health and the health of your family.